Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Good for Discovery??

I don't think so. Having your top competition being picked off by stupid involvement with doping is no way to advance in the GC. So, no we have lost the entire Cofidis team, the entire Astana team, the current yellow jersey wearer and probably the entire Rabobank team before the stage starts tomorrow. This is getting really disgusting. What is happening with professional cycle racing? I am a big supporter of Discovery. I really hoped this would be Levi's year, and I have been very impressed with Contador. Now I can't help but wonder, if they end up with podium finishes, will we find out that they too may have cheated? I certainly hope not, and choose to support them totally, just as I still do Lance and Floyd. Am I just being naive?

1 comment:

cat2bike said...

No, Chuck, you are not naive. I believe in Levi, Cadel, and AC. Levi's TT reminds me of the Tour of Georgia stage he won, and that TT. I truly believe in Floyd. As much as I wanted to believe in Vino, afterwards, I remembered Heras in the Giro, with 15 stitches out-climbing everyone in an unbelievable race. Sometimes, I guess it is too good to believe. But not Floyd's stage 17. The peleton was just being lazy that day!

And, I hope Catherine is speaking for herself!! I'm only 55, coming up on 56yr old!! That's not quite 60!!

Theresa