Monday, September 24, 2007

I'm Trying So Hard

Is it just my pride in being an American, or is it because Floyd Landis is just such a likeable, believable guy? When Floyd made that great comeback from one stage to the next in 2006, I was ecstatic. I know the expectation was that, finally, someone other than an American will win the Tour. Of course, two pre-race favorites were pulled at the last minute, Basso and Ullrich, but I was so excited watching the grit that Landis exhibited in fighting back and winning. When he was shortly thereafter accused of doping, I just knew that it was bogus and that it would be settled soon.

Now it is beginning to look like just maybe he actually did take synthetic testosterone. I still hope that a miracle will occur and that he will be absolved before they strip him of his title. But I don't know, maybe I will need to look for another American cycling hero.

No comments: